Infant & Toddler Centre
Welcome to St. Lawrence Co-operative Daycare Centre
The Infant and Toddler Centre is licensed for 20 infants and 20 toddlers by the Ministry of Education. The infant program has 2 rooms with the capacity of 10 infants in each room, ages 3 months to 18 months old. The toddler program has 2 rooms with the capacity of 10 toddlers in each room, ages 18 months to 2½ years old.
Our loving, knowledgeable, dedicated staff conscientiously cares for up to 10 children. We always have three staff members in our infant room. We offer quality care in a safe, healthy, environment. All of our teachers are highly trained. In the infant room we follow each child’s individual schedule to remain consistent with the child’s schedule at home.
Through observation, learning your child’s cues, and consistent parent/staff communication, we build a loving, joyful relationship with your child. This close relationship enables us to individualize personal care.
St.Lawrence has an open door policy. This means that parents can visit their infant any time during the day.
Practices and Policies
- Healthy, safety, and positive parent relationships are top priorities
- children are guided and supported in their social development
- Loving, respectful, responsive care by dedicated staff
- Play, self-discovery and self-expression
- Nutritious whole foods – positive eating experiences
- Age appropriate material and activities/experiences
- Consistent practices among staff
- Outdoor walks
At this stage in a toddler’s development many changes are taking place. They are struggling to become more independent, autonomous while continuing to develop their own identity. Because of this they may experience conflict during their day that is difficult and upsetting to them. The teachers use a variety of strategies to assist a child who is experiencing conflict while supporting their need for autonomy:
- Helping a child to find the necessary words
- Demonstrating, showing by example
- Removing items when used inappropriately
- Helping children develop empathy
- Anticipating conflict before it happens
- Providing an interesting and developmentally appropriate room set up
Meals and Snacks
MEALS AND SNACKS
The day care provides one a.m. snack, two p.m. snacks, and a hot lunch. The menu is posted in each toddler room and on the bulletin board located in the main hallway. Please instruct your child’s room teacher of any allergies, restrictions or changes in your child’s eating patterns.
GOALS DURING THIS TIME:
- creating a positive experience towards food
- encouraging the exploration of different foods
- encouraging language
- developing social skills and promoting independence
- facilitating opportunities for sensory exploration
Toddler Room And Set Up
St. Lawrence Coop Daycare Inc. – Infant and Toddler Centre
4 Market Street Toronto, Ontario M5E 1M6
Closest Intersection: Esplanade and Jarvis Located south of the St. Lawrence Market
Hours of Operation: 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday to Friday Inclusive
Closed on Statutory Holidays
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, Polish, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Amharic, and Arabic
Parking: 3 designated spaces to pick up and drop off (10 minute maximum)
Supervisor: Grace Kingston
Telephone: 416 363-5989
Fax: 416 363-7830
E Mail: email@example.com