Statement of Commitment
St. Lawrence Co-operative Day Care Incorporated is committed to ensure the participation and equal access for
people with disabilities. SLCD strives to treat people with disabilities in a manner which allows them to uphold
their dignity and independence.
SLCD believes in integration and are dedicated to meeting the need of people with disabilities in a timely manner.
SLCD will continue to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility and by meeting the accessibility requirements
under Ontario’s accessibility laws.
Multi Year Accessibility Plan
The following multi-year accessibility plan is prepared in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
In creating this accessibility plan SLCD has considered the following:
- The plan addresses a range of disability issues, inclusive of the full definition of disability under the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The plan examines all aspects of the organization’s operations, including
- By laws, policies and procedures, all facilities and programs we serve
- Consideration of job roles and responsibilities
- Outlines steps to be taken over the outlined time frame in order to remove identified barriers and prevent any new ones.
- Integrate accessibility planning into the organization’s strategic plan cycle to ensure a
thoughtful and effective process with meaningful and valuable outcomes.
- SLCD will ensure accountability by posting the plan in a non-conspicuous location of the child care and also make it available on the website
Statement of Commitment
This area is ongoing and SLCD will continue to update policies as per the AODA Act. The Board of Directors will review policies as required. All policies will be made available in an accessible format upon request.
SLCD website has been updated to WCAG level 2.0 AA criteria. SLCD to add the multi-year accessibility plan to the website.
Emergency and Evacuation Procedures
SLCD will continue to provide or prearrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication support for persons with a disability, as soon as is practical upon request.
SLCD will continue to complete annual AODA policy training for all employees and students (as required).
Comply with current accessibility laws when making changes to facilities. Put procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to accessible parts of our spaces.